The Conservation Officer will support the implementation of MYCAT’s citizen conservation programmes, which are the cornerstones of MYCAT’s vision of achieving thriving tiger populations in Malaysia. The programmes include Citizen Action for Tigers Walks, Wildlife Crime Hotline and Education and Outreach. The Conservation Officer will be based at the MYCAT Secretariat’s Office in Petaling Jaya, Selangor, but occasional outstation assignments and fieldwork will be required. Training and mentorship will be provided.
The suitable candidate must:
• Enjoy interacting with people from diverse backgrounds, including youth;
• Love and appreciate nature and wildlife; and
• Be comfortable outdoors (fieldwork, hiking).
• Minimum Bachelor’s degree
• Malaysian or Malaysian Permanent Resident, with valid driver’s licence and own vehicle
• Fluent in spoken English and Bahasa Malaysia, good written English
• Excellent interpersonal communication skills
• Ability to work independently while complementing team dynamics
• Ability to work efficiently while multi-tasking
• Familiarity with MS office suite (word, excel) software and social media platforms
Please note that preference will be given to candidates with working experience in conservation or tourism.
To apply: Send a cover letter of application (including your expected salary, referees, passport-sized photo and a 300-word essay on “How I am going to make a difference for wildlife in Malaysia” with your current curriculum vitae to email@example.com
This is for immediate hire. Closing date for applications is when the position is filled. Only short-listed candidates will be notified.