The Realm of the Tiger is a 5 day / 4 night programme for zookeepers and docents who work with jungle cats and other rainforest mammals to educate zoo visitors. It has been designed by the Malaysian Conservation Alliance for Tigers (MYCAT) to supplement existing knowledge of Malayan tigers and their prey by immersing participants in the forests, hills and streams of one of the world’s oldest rainforests. Download the flyer for detailed information. Learn more about the Realm of the Tiger by watching this video produced by Brian Czarnik who came for the programme in June 2016.
Date: 23 to 27 March 2017
Location: Yu River Wildlife Corridor, Pahang, Malaysia.
- Anti-poaching surveillance walks
- Jungle trekking and camping
- Animal tracking and camera trapping
- Camping with the local aboriginal people
How to join?
- Complete the application questionnaire at this link.
- Selected participants will be notified to proceed with the registration within a week after the
submission of the questionnaire.
- Complete and submit the registration form provided in the confirmation email together with the USD $400 deposit. The balance is to be paid in full by 31 January 2017.
Note: Places are limited to 8 participants based on a first-come-first-served basis.
For enquiries, please contact MYCAT Secretariat’s Office
E: firstname.lastname@example.org I W: www.citizenactionfortigers.my